Watch Video of India Vs England, Indore Highlights
- Yuvraj Singh, who hit his tenth century, became the second Indian, and the ninth player overall, to score 1000 ODI runs or more against England.
- Yuvraj also became the ninth player, and third Indian, to score a century and take four wickets or more in the same match. Vivian Richards and Paul Colligwood are the only players to have scored a century and taken five or more wickets in the same ODI.
- Gautam Gambhir and Mahendra Singh Dhoni went past 1000 runs in 2008, the only two players to have achieved that feat this year.
- India’s spinners took nine wickets in the England innings, the eighth time spinners have taken 9 or more wickets to fall in an innings. Sri Lanka are the only side whose spinners have taken all ten wickets, against Zimbabwe in Colombo in 2001.
- England fared better than India in the powerplays. India made 43 in their first, losing three wickets, while England were 47 for 1 at the end of their first ten overs. The next two powerplays yielded 55 runs for India for the loss of one wicket, while England scored 84, losing none.